Develop and maintain a premier northern botanical garden.
The mission of the David Douglas Botanical Garden Society is to: establish and maintain an aesthetically pleasing botanical garden in partnership with the University of Northern British Columbia; provide horticultural and arboricultural education for the public; advance horticultural and arboricultural knowledge; and, promote the use of plant material that is viable in northern British Columbia.
The purposes of the society are to:
- establish and operate a botanical garden.
- promote public interest in horticulture and arboriculture in northern British Columbia.
- provide educational opportunities addressing horticultural and arboriculture issues in northern British Columbia.
- encourage, promote and carry out research on horticultural and arboriculture issues of northern British Columbia.
- collaborate with other educational institutions, organizations and government bodies conducting research in the field of horticulture and arboriculture.
The David Douglas Botanical Garden Society values:
- the accomplishments and contributions of dedicated members and volunteers who pursue the Society’s goals in a spirit of mutual respect;
- responsible, evidence-based, horticultural practices using indigenous and endemic plants and preserving endangered species within Northern British Columbia;
- sharing horticultural knowledge among our members, as well as, actively educating the public;
advocating and promoting:
- the creation of a regional botanical garden, and
- the continued use of aesthetically pleasing and appropriate horticultural practices by the City of Prince George and the Regional District of Fraser Fort George.
Donate to DDBGS Future Expansion.
A tax deductible receipt for any donation over $20.00 will be mailed to you.
Certificate of Incorporation
Constitution April 25 2018
Proposed Bylaw Changes for 2020 were approved.
2021 Business License